Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Backmasking

1) In Britney Spears's song "Baby One More Time" when the chorus is played backwards it is said you can hear her say "Sleep with me I'm not too young". Though this is humorous when you place it upon the stigma of her personality now, and the backmasking is much more clear than other "reversed" songs, it still seems a little too far stretched to me.



2) In ELO's song "Fire on High" there is a garble on unintelliglible nonsense, but when it is played backwards there is a very evident message within the noise. When played backwards you can hear "The music is reversible, but time is not. Turn back! Turn back! Turn back!". This is an obviously intentional (and extremely eerie) backmasking.



3) Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven" is the most known backmasking, and the most notorious "Satan worship" song. When played backwards the song is "supposedly" full of Satan worship propoganda. This is completely inaudible unless you are actually looking at the words you are supposed to be hearing, and even then it's not Satan worship as everyone claims! The backwards nonsense is something that could only be taken as them talking about Satan torturing sinners! Here is the mentioned backmasked message, “Oh here’s to my sweet Satan./The one whose little path would make me sad, whose power is Satan./He will give those with him six six six./There was a little tool shed where he made us suffer, sad Satan”. This one is obviously hogwash.



4) Pink Floyd is also known for doing intentional backmasking. In their song "Empty Spaces" they left a message for those people who enjoy turning songs backwards looking for something else within songs. The message left behind is "Hello, hunters. Congratulations. You've just discovered the secret message. Please send your answer to Old Pink, care of the funny farm, Chalfont." (voice in background) "Roger! Carolyne is on the phone!". I find this one funny because it also pokes fun at these "hunters", saying that they belong in the "funny farm" a euphenism for an insane asylum.



5) Soundgarden also left behind a message, this one actually making fun of people who are looking specifically for Satanic messages within music. "Santa, I love you baby. My Christmas king. Santa, you’re my king. I love you, Santa baby. Got what I need" is found in the song 665. Santa, the pronounciation being extremely close to Satan, is there to fool people into believing they've found a Satanic message, until they hear it fully.



6) It is said when you play The Beatles's song "Revolution 9" you can hear them saying "Turn me on dead man" over and over again. This is directly connected to the Paul is dead conspiracy theory and, to me, is complete hogwash.



7) Another one I find completely ridiculous is Yoko Ono's song "Kiss Kiss Kiss" played backwards says "I shot John Lennon" and though if it were true I would believe it instantly, the backmasking is obviously hogwash.

8) In Weird Al's song "Nature Trail to Hell" it is intentionally backmasked "Satan loves Chez Whiz" which I find completely hilarious and one hundred percent intential.

9) In the backwards solo in the White Stripes song "Walk With a Ghost" "get out of my mind" can be heard. I find this one to also be completely intentional.

10) Another intentional backmasking is in the Tenacious D song "Karate" where the singer says "eat donkey crap", again I find this completely hilarious.

No comments: